The Steinbach Pistons are the last undefeated team across the 132 team CJHL. Their success this past weekend, defeating the Dauphin Kings 3-2 in overtime on consecutive nights moved Steinbach to 12-0, keeping them at the top of the CJHL’s top 20 Rankings.
The Pistons are idle until the weekend when they make their toughest road trip of the season, playing in Swan River Friday night against the Swan Valley Stampeders and then back-to-back games in The Pas versus the OCN Blizzard.
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 24)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (1)
2. Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJQ) (2)
3. College Francais de Longueuil (LHJQ) (6)
4. Cobourg Cougars (OJHL) (8)
5. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (9)
6. Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL) (14)
7. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (5)
8. Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) (3)
9. Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) (4)
10. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (17)
11. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
12. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (11)
13. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (13)
14. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (15)
15. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (HM)
16. English River Miners (SIJHL) (NR)
17. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (NR)
18. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (NR)
19. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (18)
20. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL); Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL); Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL); Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL); Miramichi Timberwolves (MHL)
ABOUT THE TOP 20 RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior ‘A’ hockey leagues in Canada. The CJHL represents 132 teams and over 3,000 players. They also boast over 2,800 former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.