Pistons Extend Win Streak to 9-Games in 7-3 Win

The Steinbach Pistons beat the Winnipeg Freeze by a score of 7-3 Wednesday evening in Steinbach. Prior to puck drop Zac Patrick was named the Pistons player of the month for the month of February where he had 9 points (4 goals and 5 assists) in 10 games.

The Freeze opened the scoring 3:49 into the game as Matthew Carlson put it past Will Hambley making it 1-0.

The Freeze extended their lead to 2-0, 2-minutes later as Tristan Bear scored from Dean Gorchynski and Derrick Lange. After the first period the Freeze were up 2-0 with the shot totals 9-6 for the Pistons.

Bryce Kilbourne got the Pistons on the board with a seeing eye shot from the point with the assists coming from Jack Rogers and Cooper Rice.

A minute and a half later Ty Paisley tied up the game 2-2 on the powerplay, redirecting a pass from Braden Birnie. Zac Patrick got the secondary assist on the goal.

Steinbach got their first lead of the game at the 13:39 mark of the second period as Davis Fry scored off a nice feed from Zac Patrick, making it 3-2.

The Freeze tied the game up at 3-3 as Darik Feasey scored on the powerplay from Naaman Hofer.

The game was tied 3-3 after two periods of play with the shot totals 27-13 in favour of Steinbach.

The Pistons went on to take complete control of the game as they scored 4-unanswered goals in the third period.

Braden Birnie got it started shooting in the slot, getting his own rebound and potting it in the net making it 4-3. Quinton Pepper and Zach Power got the assists on the goal.

Cooper Rice extended the Pistons lead to 5-3, tipping Nate Goodbrandson’s shot from the slot. Jack Rogers got the secondary assist on the play.

Braden Birnie got his second goal of the game, scoring on an odd man rush as Zach Power shot the puck and Birnie put in the rebound, making it 6-3.

Jack Rogers scored the final Piston goal of the game, putting them up 7-3. Nolan Bettens took a shot from the point with Rogers backhanding the rebound in the net.

The Pistons closed out the final 10-minutes of the game and beat the Freeze 7-3.